*Click link below*
Rumble strips are a road safety feature to alert inattentive drivers of potential danger, by causing a tactile vibration and audible rumbling transmitted through the wheels into the vehicle interior. A rumble strip is applied along the direction of travel following an edge-line or center-line, to alert drivers when they drift from their lane. Rumble strips may also be installed in a series across the direction of travel, to warn drivers of a stop or slowdown ahead, or of an approaching danger spot.
In favorable circumstances, rumble strips are effective (and cost-effective) at reducing accidents due to inattention. The effectiveness of shoulder rumble strips is largely dependent on a wide and stable road shoulder for a recovery.
Size: 65″ L x 13″ W x 3/4″ (per unit)
Weight: 29 lbs
Applications: Flagger operations, pilot car operations, temporary lane closures, paving projects, maintenance tasks, emergency traffic control, temporary checkpoints & more.
Shipping: FOB Legal, Alberta, Canada
ADVANTAGES & BENEFITS
- Designed to reduce accidents and save lives, our Rumble Strip Mats alert drivers of changing road conditions.
- Can significantly reduce the major causes of work zone accidents and fatalities: “Driving too fast for conditions, following too closely to the car ahead, and or making improper lane changes.”
- Can shake drivers from distractions, whether it is manual – like tuning the radio, visual – like reading a billboard, or cognitive – like talking on the phone.
- Provide sounds that alert drivers when passing by.
- Made from 100% recycled rubber tires.
- Temporary, portable and durable.
- No glue, no nails, no adhesive is required for installation.
- Easy to install, remove, transport and store.
- No equipment required.
- 3-5 years lifespan when appropriately handled.