Utility knife and extra blades
straight edge for cuts
PLEASE READ THOROUGHLY BEFORE BEGINNING YOUR PROJECT.
Eco-Flex products are not warranted against improper or faulty installation.
Installation instructions for all Eco-Flex products below. Eco-Flex tiles can be installed over compacted gravel, cement, asphalt, treated plywood or decking.
1. Prepare a compacted level base. The elevation is determined on the thickness of product being installed. Spread 3/4″ road crush 3-4” thick evenly over the entire area and compact using mechanical tamper.
2. Once the base is completed, edge restraints can be used but are not necessary to prevent any lateral movement of the tiles.
WHEN READY TO INSTALL:
1. Ensure the Eco-Flex product is kept cool to average temperature prior to and during installation.
2. Ensure there is a 24-hour period without precipitation.
3. Wipe the bottom/overlaps of tiles with soap and water to remove silicone releaser to ensure a tight bond.
4. Lay out tiles and determine pattern/cuts. It is recommended to start at an edge or corner to minimize cuts.
5. Leave a ¼”- ½” gap around the perimeter and around any cuts for expansion and contraction.
2′ x 2′ Patio Block Overlap Link or Square Yard Tile:
1. Follow steps ready to install.
2. Trowel glue onto the base of coverage of 2 tiles. Lay the first tile in place working your way outwards with the under-lap edge visible.
3. Apply a bead of glue along the under-lap edge and then rest the next tiles’ overlap on top.
4. When 2 tiles are placed where desired, counter sink ¾” standard deck screws into the overlap edge every 12”. Screw in vertically to ensure it reaches properly below to the under lap.
5. Tiles will be fully bonded in 24 hours.
6. For installations only the 2’x2’ tiles that cannot be glued down and are intended to act as a free-float system (ie: waterproof membranes, etc.), the overlap seams are to be glued at a minimum. If there are containment edges or cuts around posts etc. 1/2″ spacing should be left to allow for expansion room.
7. For any installation over a wood base, it is highly recommended to use a nail gun to secure the tiles down in addition to gluing. Nail heads will countersink into the tile and not be visible but are an extra measure to mitigate movement. Nail every 6″ along the outer edge of tiles. This is recommended for both resurfacing products: Square Yard Tiles and 2′ x 2′ Patio Blocks
2′ x 3′ or 4′ x 5′ Overlap Link Sidewalks:
1. Follow steps ready to install.
2. Apply dabs of Glue along the under-lap edge and slightly smear to the vertical edge prior to placing a following tiles’ overlap edge on top.
3. Apply pressure to the seam, the seam will be fully bonded in 24 hours.
4. Use 1 3/4″ standard deck screws to be counter-sunk vertically into the overlapping edge every 12″. This will catch the under-lap edge and help the glue set. Screws sink directly into rubber and will not be visible or a surface hazard.
Interlocking I-Mat or Keystone:
Follow steps ready to install.
It is unnecessary to use jointing sand when using the larger mat products. The use of glue can be used to bond the tiles together to ensure the tile is tight throughout the install when cuts need to be made and small pieces are produced. The glue is beaded on one tiles’ edge and smeared onto the other tile.
Glue will require a full 24 hours to cure and cannot come into contact with precipitation during that time.
The tiles are coated with a silicone release agent when new; soap and warm water wash, pressure wash, or simply allowing 3-5 days in the sun will allow for this releaser to dissipate from the surface of the tiles.
Use an orbital jigsaw to cut the tiles if required and a utility knife to scrape extra visible glue from seams.
Leave 1/4″ to 1/2″ space from edges/posts etc. of containment to allow for expansion room.
The material is recycled and slight variance in size is to be expected. Rotating tiles side to side to find best fit can help alleviate variance issues.
*Before you dig, please call Hydro, Telephone, Gas and Cable Companies to ensure your safety.